Eventfinda Stadium - Trustee Information
For over 25 years the 4,750-seat North Shore Events Centre (now, Eventfinda Stadium) has been home to some of New Zealand’s most memorable concerts and sporting events, from artists as diverse as Bob Dylan, Sting, Green Day and Van Halen, to the Silver Ferns and the NBL Championship winning Breakers. Eventfinda Stadium has been a key part of Auckland’s entertainment landscape since 1992.
Eventfinda Stadium’s vision:
To be recognised as a preferential multipurpose campus for both community and commercial sport and recreation across the region”
The past twelve months has been an exciting time for the Stadium with the signing of Eventfinda as naming rights sponsor, substantial renovations and a re-energised team who are keen to develop a bright future for Eventfinda Stadium.
As Eventfinda Stadium embarks on a new era, the Trustees are looking for new members to help steer our exciting future direction. The Board of Trustee are seeking to appoint up to four Board members who reside in the Auckland region.
Skills and competencies sought
All candidates should have governance experience, be well versed in the difference between operational management and governance and have strong strategic and interpersonal skills. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Strong experience and a successful track record in the strategic, fiduciary and responsibilities of governance
- A genuine interest in and passion for the North Shore community, Eventfinda Stadium and its vision, strategy and objectives.
- Be able to articulate how their own values align with the Stadium’s values and guiding principles
- Sound interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to collaborate and be a good team member
- Impeccable standards of personal and professional integrity
- Sound judgement and a strategic mind-set
- Ability to think critically and interpret varied sources of information and data to identify the salient points
- A growth and future-focused mind-set.
- Have the time available to undertake the duties of a Trustee and reside in the Auckland region.
In addition to the above, for this 2019 recruitment round we are seeking candidates who can provide one or more of the following:
- Legal experience in the domains of business, entertainment or governance
- Finance accounting and audit experience
- Networks and influence in central and local political environments.
- Business community and cultural connections
A background in the entertainment or sports environment would be advantageous.
How To Apply
Please submit a covering letter addressing the candidate requirements and a CV detailing your relevant governance roles and experience, along with a signed, completed candidate declaration form by 5pm Monday 22 July 2019.
Commitment: 1 x Meeting Monthly (4-6 hours per month including preparation & meetings)
To arrange an informal conversation please contact:
Deputy Chair Bevan Catley
To apply online please complete the online application. You will need a copy of your electronic CV.
Before 5pm Monday 22/07/2019
To apply manually please complete the above Candidate Declaration and email to;
Before 5pm Monday 22/07/2019