Eventfinda Stadium Board of Trustee Appointments 2023
For over 30 years Eventfinda Stadium has been home to some of New Zealand’s most memorable concerts and sporting events, from artists as diverse as Bob Dylan, Sting, Green Day and Van Halen, to the Silver Ferns and the Northern Mystics, Tuatara NBL team and is principally the home of Harbour Basketball and Harbour Gymnastics. Eventfinda Stadium has been a key part of Auckland’s sport and recreation landscape since 1992.
Eventfinda Stadium’s vision:
“to create spaces, places and experiences that foster and enhance the Mana of our communities”
Between 2018 and Jan 2023 a substantial renovation has undertaken on the venue and we now regularly feature as one of the most efficient and well-respected hybrid community/commercial venues in Auckland. After a significant disruption arising from the flooding of January 27th 2023 our building has undergone $3m in renovations to bring it up to a modern and sophisticated operation.
As we progress into this new era, the Trustees are looking for a new board member to join in steering our future direction. The Board of Trustees are seeking to appoint one Board member who resided in the Auckland region with a particular focus on skills in the marketing and partnerships space.
Skills and competencies sought
All candidates should have governance experience, be well versed in the difference between operations, management and governance and have strong interpersonal skills. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to collaborate and be a good team member
- Strong experience and a successful track record in the strategic, fiduciary and responsibilities of governance.
- A genuine interest in and passion for the North Shore Community, Eventfinda Stadium and its vision, strategy, and objectives.
- Have a sound understanding of Accounting Principles and practices.
- Be able to articulate how their own values align with the Stadium’s values and guiding principles
- Impeccable standards of personal and professional integrity
- Sound judgement and a strategic mind-set
- A growth and future-focused mind-set.
- Ability to think critically and interpret varied sources of information and data to identify the salient points
- Have the time available to undertake the duties of a Trustee and reside in the Auckland region which is estimated to be 4-6 hours per month including preparations.
- Demonstrate a connection to Auckland’s diverse communities, active interest in and contribution to community-based organisations during their careers, and a commitment to uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
In addition to the above, for this recruitment round we are seeking candidates who can provide one or more of the following:
- Candidates who can assist us developing and implementing a new marketing plan and positioning our facility as the facility of choice on the North Shore.
- Experience in developing community wide partnerships at a meaningful strategic level.
- Legal experience in the domains of business, entertainment, or governance
- Business community and cultural connections
A background in the entertainment, sports or marketing and partnerships environment would be advantageous to the ideal candidate.
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter addressing the candidate requirements and a CV detailing your relevant governance roles and experience, along with a signed, completed candidate declaration form by completing the form below.
ABOUT EVENTFINDA STADIUM
Please complete these details so that we may distribute accurate contact information to all other trustees.
We ask that you complete this by 4pm 30th November 2023
Download a copy of our Annual report as at 2023. We are currently concluding a revised Strategic plan post Covid-19 and the Jan 27th Floods. We expect this to be completed in November.